This course provides you with the knowledge and skills required to assess the risks associated with manual handling tasks and plan approaches to minimise these risks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone whose work requires them to undertake duties that involve manual handling in the transport and storage industry. This course will identify risks that generic manual handling courses do not typically address.
By the end of the course, you will have covered the following:
- The fundamentals of manual handling
- The importance of following procedure to reduce the risk of injury
- The anatomy of the spine and human movement
- Risk assessments
- Capacities and ability
- Correct manual handling techniques
- Pushing and pulling techniques and risks
- Manual handling of pallets.
Successful completion of the course requires candidates to complete a theory test, a pre-lift assessment and a practical demonstration of a safe lift.
RTITB Manual Handling in Transport, Warehousing and Logistics certificate.
Curriculum is empty