COUNTERBALANCE LIFT (FORKLIFT) TRUCK
This course is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently operate a counterbalance lift truck (commonly referred to as a forklift).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Candidates whose duties in the workplace require the use of a counterbalance lift truck, or who want a comprehensive introduction to operating one. Those who have completed training in one of our other truck courses can choose to attend training as a conversion candidate.
By the end of the course, you will have covered the following:
- Carrying out a pre-use inspection
- The operator’s safety code
- Lift truck controls and instruments
- Starting, stopping, moving and steering the truck
- Operating hydraulic controls
- On and off-ramp driving
- Loading and unloading the vehicle
- Stacking and destacking
- Lift truck and load stability
Novice: 32.5 hours
Experienced (but untrained): 19.5 hours
Refresher: 6.5 hours
Conversion: 13 hours
Conversion back-to-back from Reach to Counterbalance: 9.75 hours
Refresher courses are recommended every 3 years.
RTITB Certificate of Basic Operator Training (commonly referred to as a ‘license’).
Curriculum is empty