FIRST AID (1 DAY COURSE)
This course is designed to give you the knowledge and confidence to be able to assess low-risk situations and administer first aid in the workplace.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Nominated workplace first aiders, as well as anyone wanting basic coverage of first aid practices. This is a basic course designed for workplaces that could be identified as low-risk. We also offer a 3 day, more comprehensive course for high-risk workplaces.
By the end of the course, you will have covered the following:
- The role of the first aider
- Assessing the situation
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries (such as small cuts, grazes and bruises and small splinters)
- Recovery position
- Dealing with incidents
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is:
– Not breathing
– In shock
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Epilepsy symptoms and treatment
After completing an assessment all successful candidates will receive a certificate in First Aid, which is valid for 3 years.
First Aid at Work certificate.
Curriculum is empty